Estate Planning Lawyer in Madison, WI
Call (262) 214-6827 to Create a Personalized Estate Plan Today
Many of us do not think about what happens when we pass away, let alone prepare for the inevitable. Furthermore, deciding who will receive your assets can be a daunting task. However, creating an estate plan is important not only to instruct your loved ones on how to carry out your final wishes but also minimize or avoid the legal repercussions of the probate process.
At Kitzke & Canfield LLC, we are dedicated to helping you protect your assets and your family in the event of the unexpected. Our Madison estate planning attorneys will sit down with you, listen to your needs, and create a personalized and enforceable plan which addresses your concerns. With more than 30 years of experience, we know what it takes to help pass along your wealth and legacy.
How We Can Help You Plan Your Estate
If you own a home, a vehicle, bank accounts, stocks, retirement funds, and other personal assets, then you have an estate. Without a plan which details how your possessions will be divided among your loved ones and how to perform your last wishes, those decisions will be made by the probate court. Not only can this be a costly and time-consuming endeavor for your family, but it can lead to also a heated dispute.
If you’re considering planning your estate, you may have many questions, such as:
- Who will receive my possessions?
- If I become incapacitated, what care will I receive?
- How can I make known and ensure my wishes for carrying out my funeral?
- How can I ensure a specific guardian for my minor children?
- Who will take over my family business, and how will my business be managed?
- Can I minimize estate taxes and court fees during estate administration?
At our Wisconsin firm, we are prepared to help you answer all of your estate planning and probate questions. We offer basic estate plans for those with a modest amount of assets and advanced estate plans for individuals with more substantial estates. We can help you create your estate planning documents to ensure your wishes are followed.
At our estate law firm, we offer the following estate planning services:
- Trusts, including revocable living trusts and pet trusts
- Durable financial power of attorney
- Health care power of attorney
- Business succession planning
- Marital agreements and prenuptial agreements
- Charitable planning
- Assistance with family limited partnerships
Madison Attorneys Dedicated to Protecting Your Family & Future
Estate plans are not just for the rich and famous, they’re for anyone who possesses valuable assets. The sooner you speak with our Madison estate planning attorneys, the sooner you can prepare your loved ones for the unexpected.